Is there seating?
- Seating is festival style. Bring your favourite portable camp chair or blanket. The festival will be held in the intimate Flats Stage area familiar to patrons of other Laketown Ranch events. It resembles an Old West town setting, which we think is a perfect size and atmosphere for the event.
What if it rains?
- We have 5,800 square feet of covered performance area including our festival big top tent and a canopy area in front of the stage, allowing ample protection from rain and hot sun. There are also non-covered areas for those wanting to enjoy the sun, or dance in the rain!
Can I bring my pet?
- With the exception of registered service dogs, no pets are allowed at Laketown Ranch Music Park. Please make arrangements for your pooch to enjoy a doggie vacation either with a caregiver or at a pet resort.
Will there be a beverage garden?
- There is no beverage garden, and no alcohol is permitted in the performance area.
Can I bring my kids?
- Absolutely! Children of all ages are welcome at the festival and in the campground. In fact, our young fans under 18 are FREE when accompanied by an adult! We will also have a special children’s performance during the weekend. Details will be posted on our Schedule page when finalized.
Where should I stay?
- You can stay right on the festival grounds. There is no shortage of camping spots. Bring a tent, camper, trailer or RV! Please note that all sites are unserviced, but there are free showers and flush toilet facilities available. If camping isn’t for you, there are several hotels and numerous BnB options in Lake Cowichan, which is only 4 km from the festival site.
Can I have a fire at my campsite?
Cook stoves, propane fire pits and BBQ’s MUST be 12 inches off the ground at all times. No wood fire pits or charcoal cooking devices are allowed. You must have a fire extinguisher at your campsite if you are using a cook stove, BBQ or propane fire pit.
Where can I park?
- If you are camping on-site, you park at your campsite. Free day parking and handicapped parking is also available.
Will there be vendors?
- Yes! There are a variety of food and merchandise vendors on site. There is also a campground kitchen serving affordable meals (dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings, and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday between 8am and noon).
Where do I get tickets?
- Tickets and campsite reservations are available at BrownPaperTickets.com. Camping and festival passes are sold separately. Please see our Tickets page for links and details. Tickets will also be available at the gate.
Will there be late-night jamming?
- Of course – this is a bluegrass festival! Several large covered areas will be available for jamming. Please no after-hours jamming on stages or use of amplified instruments, drums, or music that is not in keeping with the festival theme.
Will there be workshops?
- Yes! Bring your instrument and join one of our free workshops on Saturday afternoon! You’ll learn from some of the same folks you see on stage! You can also take part in a hosted Slow Pitch jam on Saturday and a Sunday morning gospel session.
What about smoking?
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. Please dispose of cigarette butts in the containers provided. Laketown Ranch is a pristine, natural environment that is home to a herd of elk, among many other animals and plants. Do not put cigarettes on the ground. Cigarette butts can be injested by wildlife and harm them.
No trespassing areas.
- Absolutely no admittance is allowed in fenced-off areas. Laketown Ranch Music Park is a large, private site that hosts a variety of events. Not all facilities at the park are available to the Cowichan Bluegrass Festival. Anyone found in areas designated no trespassing will be asked to leave the site.
Do you recycle?
- There are recycle bins throughout the site. We encourage patrons to GO GREEN. Please try to reduce your use of plastics and avoid single-use plastic containers. Keep a clean campsite and leave no trace when you leave. For safety reasons, no glass containers, please. Enjoy your beverages in hard, re-usable plastic or travel containers.