British Columbia’s largest bluegrass and old-time music festival.
June 17-19, 2022
The 2022 festival is June 17-19. This year’s volunteer benefits are as follows:
Full-Time – minimum 9 hours
Full weekend pass and one of our cool t-shirts.
Part-Time – minimum 3 hours
One day festival access (your choice of Fri or Sat or Sun) and one of our cool t-shirts.
Shifts are three-hours in length.
You must have an email address in order to use this online system… …BUT do not worry if you don’t. Just contact us (info below) and we can assist you to get scheduled with some shifts.
Covid-19 mandates have been lifted, but if you are not feeling well, please stay home.
How to sign up for shifts? 5 EASY STEPS
~~ Click on the any of the blue links on this page to be taken to the VOLUNTEER SIGNUP PAGE
~~ Click on a Job, then a Day, then a Description
~~ Find the shift(s) you want and check the box(es) on the left
~~ Scroll down, fill out the registration information as requested
~~ Finally, scroll down to the very bottom and Click on the tiny little“Sign Up To Volunteer”button
What happens next?
You will receive an email with the Subject Line: Volunteer confirmation [Cowichan Valley Bluegrass Festival]. Make sure to check your Junk/Spam box, in case it gets swept in there. The email welcomes you to the volunteer crew, lists the shift(s) you have signed up for and provides a document or two related to your volunteer work.
ACCOMMODATION: The festival is not able to provide accommodation or camping space for volunteers. Please see the camping page on our ticket site.
Finally, download this Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the online system that will answer some other questions you may have.
Cowichan Valley Bluegrass Festival
Volunteers: General Information & Responsibilities
Volunteering at the Cowichan Valley Bluegrass Festival should result in an amazingly good time. Your role will put you in front of the paying public; please be a good ambassador and a positive representative of the festival community.
There are two categories of volunteers:
Weekend Volunteers: Those that plan to attend 2 or more days of the festival are asked to contribute at least 9 hours of service before, during or after the event. You will receive a weekend pass and a volunteer T-shirt.
Day Volunteers: If you are able to attend only one day, we ask that you contribute a minimum of 3 hours. Day volunteers will receive complementary admission for their scheduled day and a volunteer T-shirt.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide camping. Volunteers are responsible for the cost of their camping. Camping does not have to be reserved, but can be paid for online in advance or at the gate. There is no charge for day parking.
1. A positive attitude and being respectful, helpful and friendly with the public, the performers and your volunteer colleagues will go a long way to ensuring that everyone has a great time.
2. We ask that you do not consume alcohol before or during a shift or while wearing a volunteer shirt or badge.
3. Please fulfill all your shift commitments and arrive for your shift on time. Shift lengths are mostly 3 hours, but note there are a few time adjustments.
4. If you have any problems or concerns about the safety or security of the event or people or any issues, immediately communicate with your Team Leader or a Festival Manager (Phil Shaver, Al Planiden, Bob Remington, Larry Statland, Francis Tally). Unless arranged otherwise, you will need to arrive a few minutes early and report to your Team Leader for orientation.
5. If you have an emergency and cannot fill your shift, please contact your Team Leader or the emergency number to enable us to arrange coverage of your shift.
6. Please be flexible. We may have shortages in some of the crew areas and you may be asked to consider helping out in areas other than your chosen spot. We do our best to accommodate everyone, but it does take a cooperative community to get this event to run smoothly.